Family Dynamic Sessions
Families play an important role in facilitating the development and well-being of a family member with ASD/ADHD and mental health.
At the Elijah Centre we offer safe place for teenager and young adults who have been newly diagnosed with ASD and ADHD. Professor Dr Elijah provides one to one support for the following challenges :
Dr Elijah works closely with the individual and the family to provide helpful strategies to be transferred to various environments such as home , school/university and the workplace.
Family therapy has the following benefits :
- A family unit that functions more smoothly
- Understanding between family members and each other’s needs
- Appreciation for each others strengths
- Strategies of how to offer support
- Coping skills strategies
- Strategies how handle problems that arise
- Parenting strategies